The Scientific Management Committee shall review the progress of the GDRI activities and assess the staffing and budgetary needs required for the GDRI. It shall approve the annual financial report.
The Coordinators may consult the Scientific Management Committee on any question relative to the GDRI.
The Scientific Management Committee shall meet at least once a year and as often as needed at the initiative of the Coordinators or a third of its members. As necessary and with the unanimous consent of the Committee members, these meetings may be held by videoconferencing.
The GDRI Scientific Management Committee shall be composed of nine (9) members:
- Vincent Blanloeil (Strasbourg University)
- Jean-Paul Brasselet (Marseille University) French Responsible, cochair
- Nguyen Viet Dung (VAST) Vietnamese Responsible, cochair
- Michel Merle (Nice University)
- Mutsuo Oka (Tokyo University of Science) Japanese Responsible, cochair
- Bernard Teissier (Paris Universities)
- Osamu Saeki (Kyushu University)
- Toru Ohmoto (Hokkaido University)
- Shoji Yokura (Kagoshima University)
The Scientific Management Committee shall be chaired by the GDRI Coordinators.
The first meeting os the Scientific Committee took place in Fukuoka (Japan) on 5th September 2011. Report.
The second meeting os the Scientific Committee took place in Nice (France) on 18th September 2013. Report.
The next meeting of the Scientific Committee will be held in Sapporo in August 2014, during the Congress of GDRI.